Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/4/2024 1:03 pm  #1

Summer transfer window 2024

Maybe a bit early as we only clinched promotion less than 24 hours ago and hopefully fans are still enjoying that, but apart from the relief of it not going down to the last two games it’s also a positive that we can basically get to work immediately on recruitment for next season’s assault on the premier league title

We don’t know who’s staying and who’s going from the promotion squad so difficult to say how many we’ll sign, but I’m expecting at least 7 new faces.

I don’t have any rumours at all yet, dunno if anyone else has heard anything?

In terms of what I would like to see (realistic) - getting Walton on a permanent contract would be a good start, would also be happy to see us rescue Fuchs from his Peterborough nightmare.

21/4/2024 11:27 pm  #2

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

Snacks94 wrote:

Maybe a bit early as we only clinched promotion less than 24 hours ago

Not at all. Let's get into it.

Time to build back strongly.

Heard a rumour last night we are signing Airdrie's Keeper (Joshua Rae). Nae idea if any truth in it, came from Airdrie fan.

I'd take a look at getting Andy Irving on loan from West Ham. 24 year old Scottish Centre Mid.

Currently back on loan to Austria Klagenfurt in the Austrian Bundesliga. Whom, West Ham signed him from for 1.5M in the final day of the 2023 Summer Window. He has 6 goals and 9 assists this season and the team are in the hunt for a Euro place.

Played 18 games for Hearts in the Premiership when he was a kid (the Covid season), a lot of experience and football played for a 24 year old.

Versatile too. Can play DCM, attacking mid, left wing, right wing, has even played up front.

22/4/2024 8:05 pm  #3

Players worth looking at, all out of contract:

GK: Remi Matthews
RB: Lee O'Connor
CB: Warren O'Hora, Jason Kerr, Liam Gordon
LB: Ben Williams, Josh Edwards
Winger/wide player: Jack Nolan
CM: Jamie Lindsay, Sonny Carey
ST: Will Evans, Bruce Anderson

22/4/2024 8:23 pm  #4

I love these threads.

I often look at folks suggestions saying "What the fuck? Who the Fuck! Fuck Me! or Thank Fuck we're not fan owned!"

But none of us are experts, we can't even agree on our best XI most weeks.

Interesting summer ahead, hope we just don't go down the lazy route or signing journeymen Scots or fill the team with foreign diddies.

Anderson above (Livvi?) might be an option, but don't see him as an out and out striker.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

23/4/2024 9:38 am  #5

The priority has to be the spine of the team and for that we need to sign a solid and reliable keeper - no risks in this area, a solid signing here would be a great foundation to build on

23/4/2024 9:44 am  #6

We really could be looking at double figures the amount of signings we will need

2 goalies- Newman needs to leave for the sake of his career, will we get Walton back
1 right back- can’t see Grimshaw being here so that leaves Thomson is he good enough for prem yet
2 centre half’s - depending on Graham holt
2 left backs- mcmann out of contract leaves 0 left backs
2/3 centre midfields- doch only one in contract and his injuries are a worry, 3 required if sibbald doesn’t sign
2 wingers- only have Fotheringham, Middleton and watt as wingers
2/3 strikers- will moult sign a new deal only leaves watt as a striker, still we are incredibly light up top even in champ , simon Murray?

23/4/2024 10:08 am  #7

Simon Murray for me is a no brainer.

Adds pace, fight, experience, goals.

ETC

23/4/2024 11:48 am  #8

Tek wrote:

ETC

That's a no from me.  Understand the sentiment but there must be others out there that have footballing ability too.  Not sure I could watch a season of Murray as a frequent player.

23/4/2024 11:56 am  #9

What’s the story with McClellands contract at StJohnstone?
Hardly put a foot wrong.
Also liked the look of Yeats at Falkirk when we played them.

Last edited by BMT (23/4/2024 12:03 pm)

24/4/2024 8:28 pm  #10

Tek wrote:

I'd take a look at getting Andy Irving on loan from West Ham. 24 year old Scottish Centre Mid.

Currently back on loan to Austria Klagenfurt in the Austrian Bundesliga. Whom, West Ham signed him from for 1.5M in the final day of the 2023 Summer Window. He has 6 goals and 9 assists this season and the team are in the hunt for a Euro place.

Played 18 games for Hearts in the Premiership when he was a kid (the Covid season), a lot of experience and football played for a 24 year old.

Versatile too. Can play DCM, attacking mid, left wing, right wing, has even played up front.

Scored a hat-trick tonight against league leaders, Red Bull Salzburg. His team were 2-0 down and won 4-3.

His loan ends on June 30th.

Go and get him Utd. 

25/4/2024 10:28 am  #11

Totally forgot about Andy Irving and had no idea he had actually signed for West Ham.

Wouldn't be too sure about the Airdrie keeper - has flogged two absolute howlers against us this season (cue him having a worldy on Friday night now).  He's still young though so can improve of course.

Last edited by SlatefordArab (25/4/2024 10:30 am)

25/4/2024 12:59 pm  #12

BMT wrote:

What’s the story with McClellands contract at StJohnstone?
Hardly put a foot wrong.
Also liked the look of Yeats at Falkirk when we played them.

Has one more season with them.

25/4/2024 1:00 pm  #13

SuperMario wrote:

We really could be looking at double figures the amount of signings we will need

2 goalies- Newman needs to leave for the sake of his career, will we get Walton back
1 right back- can’t see Grimshaw being here so that leaves Thomson is he good enough for prem yet
2 centre half’s - depending on Graham holt
2 left backs- mcmann out of contract leaves 0 left backs
2/3 centre midfields- doch only one in contract and his injuries are a worry, 3 required if sibbald doesn’t sign
2 wingers- only have Fotheringham, Middleton and watt as wingers
2/3 strikers- will moult sign a new deal only leaves watt as a striker, still we are incredibly light up top even in champ , simon Murray?

I’d be cacking my breeks with Thomson at right back.

25/4/2024 1:01 pm  #14

Tek wrote:

ETC

I’d take him but can see him across the road.

25/4/2024 2:11 pm  #15

Tek wrote:

I can't see this happening, unfortunately.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

25/4/2024 6:46 pm  #16

kdyteejay wrote:

Tek wrote:

ETC

I’d take him but can see him across the road.

Yeah, me too.

25/4/2024 8:09 pm  #17

What we need is physicality tactical no how and top league experience.
Get that and we will do alright next year.

25/4/2024 9:28 pm  #18

Josh Rae from Airdrie (as mentioned by TEK at start of thread) is being mentioned by Airdrie fans on pie and bovril. 

Also going by today’s press conferences Walton is keen to stay next year.  Might be another loan as Goodwin confirms he has a year left at Luton on good money.

26/4/2024 10:20 am  #19

Macho Man wrote:

Tek wrote:

I can't see this happening, unfortunately.

Was speaking about this with a guy at work.  He knows Andy Irvings family and apparently Irving has said since he left Hearts that he doesn't want to return to Scottish football and wants to get to a level that's the equivalent of English Premiership with the hope for regular Champions League games.

No idea if this is achievable for him or not, but apparently that's his plan.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

27/4/2024 7:30 am  #20

Tame stuff last night but good to get over the line officially but the level of this squad there to see.

Walton has to be top of our shopping list either on loan or permanent. If we had a reliable keeper like him this time last year we would never have been relegated. An excellent performance last night.

28/4/2024 2:23 pm  #21

Hopefully our new recruitment officer can put his contacts to use. He knows the Dutch and Portuguese market so surely he can earth us a gem or two.

28/4/2024 5:41 pm  #22

Goalkeeper position
Should be the number 1 priority,  if Walton is unavailable then the lad at St Johnstone would be another decent number 1.

I would also like to see Ross Graham signed up also, seen enough in the past few weeks to think he has a good chance of a decent career. Led the line well, communicates very well and has stood up well to both physical and quick type strikers over the past month.

29/4/2024 3:20 pm  #23

Seen Bevis Mugabi linked to us on a fan twitter account last night. 

29/4/2024 3:34 pm  #24

dufc5 wrote:

Seen that, wouldn’t be against it. Good age at 29, played 34 games for Motherwell this year and 6ft 2.

29/4/2024 4:46 pm  #25

dufc5 wrote:

Always looked reasonably competent but prone to the odd howler.  Thinks he has been first choice this year so probably not a bad right sided centre half to complement left footed Graham (and have a bit of experience to help Graham).  

Can't say I'm overwhelmed if correct, but knows the league and is probably better than we've got.  

Board footera