Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/11/2022 9:50 pm  #1

Which away ground is the biggest sh1thole?

On leaving Tannadice after the Motherwell game, a group of Motherwell fans started chanting the classic: “I want to go home, I want to go home, Dundee’s a shithole I want to go home. A woman next to me said, things had reached a low point when St Mirren fans even chanted it (bearing in mind Ferguslie Park is about the most deprived area in Europe). It got me to thinking, what is the biggest dump, in away grounds, you have been to?

For me, two places spring to mind: Central Park, Cowdenbeath and Cappielow Greenock.

The one and only time I was in Cowdenbeath, it was a dreich night in February. There seemed to be a lack of street lighting. Half of the main stand had burned down, the previous week. It took me 40 mins to purchase a pie.

I always found Greenock to be a depressing dump. That old disused Scott Lithgow shipyard, where you parked, which took an eternity to get out of. Maybe United’s poor record there biased my opinion, but, even today Greenock gives me the boak.

08/11/2022 10:57 pm  #2

Re: Which away ground is the biggest sh1thole?

Pittodrie. Stadium full of cunts.

09/11/2022 8:01 am  #3

Pittodrie.

The away end hasn't changed my entire life time.

A dive.

09/11/2022 8:05 am  #4

Macbonzo wrote:

On leaving Tannadice after the Motherwell game, a group of Motherwell fans started chanting the classic: “I want to go home, I want to go home, Dundee’s a shithole I want to go home. A woman next to me said, things had reached a low point when St Mirren fans even chanted it (bearing in mind Ferguslie Park is about the most deprived area in Europe). It got me to thinking, what is the biggest dump, in away grounds, you have been to?

For me, two places spring to mind: Central Park, Cowdenbeath and Cappielow Greenock.

The one and only time I was in Cowdenbeath, it was a dreich night in February. There seemed to be a lack of street lighting. Half of the main stand had burned down, the previous week. It took me 40 mins to purchase a pie.

I always found Greenock to be a depressing dump. That old disused Scott Lithgow shipyard, where you parked, which took an eternity to get out of. Maybe United’s poor record there biased my opinion, but, even today Greenock gives me the boak.

Greenock is a particularly depressing place.

Port Glasgow beside it similarly grim.

Like a town that died years ago and the life has been has been torn out of it.

09/11/2022 12:39 pm  #5

Tek wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

Greenock is a particularly depressing place.

Port Glasgow beside it similarly grim.

Like a town that died years ago and the life has been has been torn out of it.

Port Glasgow, clune park. Totally abandoned.

09/11/2022 2:37 pm  #6

Grunds:-
Pittodrie, Crappielow, and the Dump up the road

Toons:-
Glesgae, Paisley, Hamilton, Motherwell,

10/11/2022 1:35 am  #7

Airdrie - the old Broomfield.
Clydebank, for anybody that goes that far back.
Ditto what MacB said re Cowdenbeath.
Anywhere in the west of Scotland.

10/11/2022 1:53 pm  #8

Tek wrote:

Pittodrie.

The away end hasn't changed my entire life time.

A dive.

Good point that away end is pathetic.
Used to be better in the Beech end or even further back when we got the end behind the other goal.

Board footera