Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/6/2018 10:27 pm  #1

Andy McLaren Q+A - Wednesday 13th June (8-9pm)

Delighted to say off the back of his excellent interview with Simon Ferry we ourselves will be joined by Andy McLaren for 1 hour tomorrow evening to answer any more DUFC related (and general) questions you may have for him.

Should be a good one.👍

13/6/2018 10:09 am  #2

Re: Andy McLaren Q+A - Wednesday 13th June (8-9pm)

hello, sadly due to the time difference i am working

firstly a massive thank you Andy for your achievements in the tangerine jersey, 94 cup final will always be in my heart

question - last minute of the play off game at home to thistle, can you remember what you were thinking and how did you find the composure and skill in such a crucial moment?

13/6/2018 10:50 am  #3

Like kiwiarab, I wont be around at that time unfortunately, but look forward to reading the Q&A as soon as I get in.

Can I also say how grateful I am for all you done at United, can always remember the sense of anticipation, and buzz around the ground when you got the ball, shame you don't feel that much in today's game.

Anyways, who was your hero growing up, and who did you share a room with and any stories?

Thanks Andy

I don't know a lot, but I know what I like!

13/6/2018 10:52 am  #4

I'm not going to be able to be on here tonight, so if I can ask a question now to be answered later, it would be - on the back of a tremendous, calm cool and unwavering display during your scene in The Angels Share, do you reckon you were a better actor than Charlie Miller, or has he got a better chance of making it in Hollywood than you?

​Also, what do you miss most about being a Dundee United player and why?

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

13/6/2018 7:57 pm  #5

Andy,  thanks for giving up ur time for this?

what’s the best Utd 11 from the players u played with?

13/6/2018 7:57 pm  #6

Brilliant to be talking to a United Great.

In your opinion, do you think United should challenge solely for the league this coming season or with focus on a cup run as well?

Cheers

13/6/2018 8:02 pm  #7

kiwiarab wrote:

hello, sadly due to the time difference i am working

firstly a massive thank you Andy for your achievements in the tangerine jersey, 94 cup final will always be in my heart

question - last minute of the play off game at home to thistle, can you remember what you were thinking and how did you find the composure and skill in such a crucial moment?

I honestly can’t remember what I was thinking don’t think I was aware how close it was to the final whistle I was just trying to get the ball in the box it was total instinct how I managed to wriggle clear

13/6/2018 8:03 pm  #8

Hi Andy, well done for doing this.

Any opponent you particularly  liked playing against/winding up? 

Last edited by scarpia (13/6/2018 8:04 pm)

13/6/2018 8:03 pm  #9

Great of you to do this Andy.

Managers: leaving aside Wee Jim, who was the most influential guy to manage you? And Ian McCall: one word for him?

13/6/2018 8:05 pm  #10

Evening Andy.

Thank you so much for joining us on here mate.

​My first question is the same one i always ask each ex-pro on here....

​Who was the BEST player you played WITH 

and

AGAINST?

13/6/2018 8:07 pm  #11

Hi Andy, fantastic to see you do a Q+A on here. One player i always loved watching at DUFC.

Can i ask how it came about that you and Charlie Miller got a wee role in the Ken Loach film 'The Angels Share'?

13/6/2018 8:12 pm  #12

Hi Andy - How good and thorough  was Jim McLean tactically? Any examples of any of his tactics?
Cheers

13/6/2018 8:12 pm  #13

arabchanter wrote:

Like kiwiarab, I wont be around at that time unfortunately, but look forward to reading the Q&A as soon as I get in.

Can I also say how grateful I am for all you done at United, can always remember the sense of anticipation, and buzz around the ground when you got the ball, shame you don't feel that much in today's game.

Anyways, who was your hero growing up, and who did you share a room with and any stories?

Thanks Andy

Thanks for the kind words growing up my hero was Kenny dalgleish I think the majority of us who grew up around that time would say the same I had a few roommates John O’Neil and Robbie winters being two of my favourite as far as stories go I’m sure they would have a few I was always a very good roommate if you believe that you’ll believe anything

13/6/2018 8:15 pm  #14

Andy, how much of an impact did you feel the Scandinavian boys have in that 1996/97 season? I feel like Kjell brought out the best in you and Robbie Winters. Also how did you get on 1v1 with Erik in training. He was well known for being one of the few players to have Laudrup in his back pocket.

13/6/2018 8:16 pm  #15

On thing i never knew until very recently is that your younger brother was also on United's books at one time.

How good a prospect was he and why do you think it never quite happened for him?

13/6/2018 8:20 pm  #16

Who was your favourite band of the 80's and 90's?

13/6/2018 8:20 pm  #17

Macho Man wrote:

I'm not going to be able to be on here tonight, so if I can ask a question now to be answered later, it would be - on the back of a tremendous, calm cool and unwavering display during your scene in The Angels Share, do you reckon you were a better actor than Charlie Miller, or has he got a better chance of making it in Hollywood than you?

​Also, what do you miss most about being a Dundee United player and why?

Haha don’t think me or Charlie have to worry about Hollywood after our cameos I actually had a speaking part which was thankfully cut I miss the friendships running out a tannadice and most of all winning the fans were always great with me also even though I could be pretty frustrating at times

13/6/2018 8:24 pm  #18

Can you tell us about a good caper whilst at United you've never publically told yet?

Dinnae feel like you have to hud back.

13/6/2018 8:26 pm  #19

Hi andy the season after we won cup we were relegated despite having some brilliant players yourself malpas mckinlay brewster mcinally bowman petric to name a few where did it all go wrong that season??

13/6/2018 8:27 pm  #20

Who is best coach you ever worked under??

13/6/2018 8:28 pm  #21

Hi Andy, did wee Jim retire too early? He was only in his early 60's and yet you see managers like Ferguson, Wenger, and Roy Hodgson who have all managed well into their 70's.

Too much commotion

13/6/2018 8:31 pm  #22

TheShed wrote:

Andy,  thanks for giving up ur time for this?

Tough question that but I’ll give it a go back four of Cleland petric Barry malpas midfield of me haha it’s my team and I’m playing 😂😂with bow badger and John Oneill on the left big Duncan and Robbie up front keepers a difficult 1but big sieb in his 1st season was brilliant and I used to slaughter him every day so for that reason I’m picking him that team has a bit of everything I’ve left out so many good players but what a bench we would have

13/6/2018 8:32 pm  #23

Whats your favourite moment in a united jersey and also your saddest moment?

13/6/2018 8:33 pm  #24

McLaren73 wrote:

TheShed wrote:

Andy, thanks for giving up ur time for this?

Tough question that but I’ll give it a go back four of Cleland petric Barry malpas midfield of me haha it’s my team and I’m playing 😂😂with bow badger and John Oneill on the left big Duncan and Robbie up front keepers a difficult 1but big sieb in his 1st season was brilliant and I used to slaughter him every day so for that reason I’m picking him that team has a bit of everything I’ve left out so many good players but what a bench we would have

Barry? 🤔

13/6/2018 8:34 pm  #25

Hi Andy, you were a favourite of mine growing up. I used to wear my top oversized and hanging out when I was playing as an homage to you. My question is simply what are your overriding thoughts on utd as a club? I know you had good and bad memories here.

Board footera