Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/1/2018 2:53 pm  #1

The Csaba effect

He has came in on the back of 2 good wins under Laurie Ellis and established his own playing style.
Doesn't take any shit from the players as we seen with McMullan.
He straight away knew where the problems were within the club, team and squad.
He demanded a good budget from the board and got it.
Within the 1st week of the January transfer market being open he has signed 2 players, possibly 3 by tonight.
He's looking to add more.
The players fight for him and have been given a shot in the arm since his arrival.
He wants to improve our youth setup and scouting network (already putting this into practice)
The players want to be here, they want to play for him and the player's trust him.
The players, the fans, the club have confidence in him to deliver.
He wants nothing but the best, nothing but success.

Long may he stay. In Csaba we trust. 

05/1/2018 3:08 pm  #2

Re: The Csaba effect

Agree entirely with this.

05/1/2018 3:54 pm  #3

Can't really disagree with any of that.  Csaba just feels like a proper manager.

05/1/2018 4:12 pm  #4

It's still very early days but St. Mirren and Brechin aside, he's made a very good start.
I get the feeling he wants us to win every game 6-0! McKinnon seemed scared to even try to overpower teams but it feels like Csaba wants no mercy!

Bring it on, I say!

05/1/2018 4:15 pm  #5

The main difference from previous managers is organisation, what a difference to this January transfer window is, our business I would guess is nearly done apart from maybe 1 or 2 more additions, well done Stephen Thompson youve made a good appointment

05/1/2018 4:46 pm  #6

Goodie Conway 2 wrote:

It's still very early days but St. Mirren and Brechin aside, he's made a very good start.
I get the feeling he wants us to win every game 6-0! McKinnon seemed scared to even try to overpower teams but it feels like Csaba wants no mercy!

Bring it on, I say!

No, that was us that were expecting to win every game 6-0.

How dare we expect to play with a bit of swagger and confidence against the like of Brechin and Dumbarton.

05/1/2018 4:55 pm  #7

ST has taken plenty of deserved criticism for his dealings in previous transfer windows so he now deserves praise for ensuring funds were available to back the manager.

05/1/2018 4:55 pm  #8

Agree with the OP though, Csaba seems to have brought a bit of professionalism and leadership back to the club,  a welcome change to the scattergun approach of Messrs McKinnon, Paatelainen and McNamara.

05/1/2018 6:05 pm  #9

the changes on the playing front since ray left have been very good at times and hopefully will improve further.

​hes acting fast to get players in which we haven't seen for a while especially when evident in the past we have been struggling and not solved the issues.

​I was happy at the thought of him being our manager. I was happy when he signed and I am happy with how things are under him at this point. still early but he is doing well IMO and I hope he can pull off another couple of signings and ship a couple out before the window shuts. 

​keep up the good work

05/1/2018 6:44 pm  #10

I agree with this however only Ray McKinnon can explain the imbalance in our squad. The lack of depth in some areas is baffling and you wouldn't need to be Pep G to work out we needed a whole right hand side and a few strikers.

I like the way he comes across and it will be an interesting summer if we manage to win the league as most of the current squad are out of contract.

Hopefully we manage to keep young Robson who is starting to look decent albeit well marshalled from Tam Scoobie of which he can only improve.

05/1/2018 8:28 pm  #11

My son in laws uncle ,a big hearts fan, still waxes lyrical about Csabas time in charge at tynecastle and by the total change in us lately I can see why

Last edited by Shed69 (05/1/2018 8:40 pm)

The Dens park massacre o 65

05/1/2018 9:15 pm  #12

He was the one who stood out amongst the 50 for me. He has definately lived up to the hope and I fkn love how he hides none his thinking. He takes a deep breath and empties his football obsessed mind when he talks.

Systematic approach to the transfer window well explained from around 9 mins in on his Arabzone Falkirk match preview interview.

After 1st priority of big strong players he mentions wanting 3 more. Mentions Sweden amongst england, Iceland, Denmark and the north. Wonder if next player in is a Swede.

05/1/2018 9:58 pm  #13

"Wonder if next player in is a Swede."

would be an improvement on some of the neeps signed by our last few managers

05/1/2018 10:30 pm  #14

Beardy23 wrote:

"Wonder if next player in is a Swede."

would be an improvement on some of the neeps signed by our last few managers

Tee'd yi right up there furry puss!

06/1/2018 8:47 am  #15

Educated guess, but I assume when talking budgets with the chairman, he seems like he’d push Thompson & squeeze every ££ possible from him.

Whereas McKinnon would take the first answer from Thompson.

IMO, of course.

06/1/2018 10:40 am  #16

Presently better to watch, but I wouldn't blow too much smoke up Csaba's arse just yet.

Last week's Paisley performance was a bit shambolic, from the McMullan penalty, through to a lack of shots on target, with the slow substitution of Flood thrown in. To an extent, I felt Ross had the measure of United throughout the match, allowing us to get the ball at the back to Quinn, then leaving him to make decisions.

I think, though, that Csaba appears to be addressing our obvious failings, but would prefer to wait and see the effects of his changes before praising him too highly.

06/1/2018 10:52 am  #17

Yeah I guess but for the downturn at Paisley we'd all be wearing permanent semis.
So today's away game is pretty crucial as well then, I think he's currently 8.5/10 & three points today would elevate him to 9.

06/1/2018 12:18 pm  #18

PatReilly wrote:

Presently better to watch, but I wouldn't blow too much smoke up Csaba's arse just yet.

Last week's Paisley performance was a bit shambolic, from the McMullan penalty, through to a lack of shots on target, with the slow substitution of Flood thrown in. To an extent, I felt Ross had the measure of United throughout the match, allowing us to get the ball at the back to Quinn, then leaving him to make decisions.

I think, though, that Csaba appears to be addressing our obvious failings, but would prefer to wait and see the effects of his changes before praising him too highly.

I’m with you here Pat. Early signs are promising but we’ve been here before many times. I’m hudding ma wheest for now til he’s done a bit more to show he’s the real deal. Can’t believe he didn’t make changes at ht in St Mirren game when it was clear we were heading for a gubbing. Looking forward to seeing his new signings and especially so if we finally get the big target man that most of us think we need.

Bring back the (real) "United Way" not the kiddy-on Martin version

06/1/2018 6:13 pm  #19

Earliest I've ever been home after a game (left at 4-1. Like the St Mirren game, we were awful in the 1st half and thought there's no way our saviour of a manager will allow that rubbish to continue - he'll know what to do to turn things round. Clueless we continued to play the go nowhere passing/go anywhere except their penalty box and got a right good humping. If anyone still thinks we have a decent squad then pass me your tablets. If anyone still has their blind faith that Csaba's the man to get us up, pass me your tablets, cos mine aren't working.

Bring back the (real) "United Way" not the kiddy-on Martin version

06/1/2018 6:41 pm  #20

I'm not so sure he can turn it round, not with some of these players.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (06/1/2018 6:42 pm)

06/1/2018 6:47 pm  #21

Looks like the Csaba 'love-in' was a bit premature.

Some really worrying results and performances being thrown in amongst the good one's.

If St.Mirren was a 'wake up' call then today is a slap around the face with a brick.

06/1/2018 6:56 pm  #22

playing Mason for 90 mins and playing him in front of ballytyne.

the back four that finished last week should have started.

the most worrying thing was that they chucked that today

06/1/2018 6:57 pm  #23

It really doesn't matter who the manager is, until the real problems at the club are fixed nothing will get properly better on the pitch, no matter who's in the dugout. 

Some of the Caaba is great comments which have been going about are bizarre given performances haven't in general been that much better.  Folk get carried away far too easily.

06/1/2018 7:02 pm  #24

I think I'm just going to operate under assumption everything is filled with shit where Utd are concerned. Never ever does you any good to get your hopes up with this club.

06/1/2018 7:08 pm  #25

Tek wrote:

Looks like the Csaba 'love-in' was a bit premature.

Some really worrying results and performances being thrown in amongst the good one's.

If St.Mirren was a 'wake up' call then today is a slap around the face with a brick.

Tek, agree but fuck me we're onto 4th manager in just a few years. The playing staff want absolutely roasted and some can get fucking binned.  It's clear the fucking coaching staff at all levels want looked at too.

Scary.

Board footera