Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/12/2017 7:33 pm  #1

Qots v dundee utd

Another big game for us on saturday. Qots are a decent side.
We need to keep our form going and confidence.
Stadium ive still not been to and missing out again as offshore.

Im confident we can take the 3 points on saturday.

Last edited by bowers (12/12/2017 7:33 pm)

13/12/2017 10:03 am  #2

Re: Qots v dundee utd

Another tough game, especially on that pitch. Take the game to them, attack them.

13/12/2017 6:58 pm  #3

We should have no excuses this week as the last two away matches we have complained about the pitch having an effect on our passing game.

Need to keep our eye on that Dobbie lad.

I get the feeling we are starting to click and we should win again with a few to spare. The two key players for us will again be Scoobie who needs to keep an eye on young Robson and keep talking big Durnan through the game, the other is Scott Fraser who is improving week on week and starting to have the impact we need from him.

13/12/2017 10:36 pm  #4

Think it will be 3-1.

13/12/2017 11:28 pm  #5

Not expecting but more hopeful. Csaba is after fans and team feeding eachother so this would be a good ain that way with an away support well able to gell fae the start.

We'll have some dodgy results afore the seasons up  but I hope we can support in a way we can over how the support has been. Time to be vocal and turn up regardless if we want up.

15/12/2017 12:48 pm  #6

Craig Thomson the ref for Saturday. Feck sake.

16/12/2017 7:14 am  #7

Safe journey to all arabs hopefully the team can get the points.

16/12/2017 4:47 pm  #8

Match abandoned at half time due to unsafe playing surface

Apparently was queens players complaining about the pitch.
Last thing we could do with is going down to play this midweek.

16/12/2017 4:52 pm  #9

All weather pitch.

But not in bad weather.

Farce.

Too much commotion

16/12/2017 5:00 pm  #10

BBC radio Scotland says senior players from both sides (Rankin and McDonald) said the playing surface had changed from the start of the match and was becoming dangerous. Csaba agreed it was the right decision.

16/12/2017 5:08 pm  #11

bowers wrote:

Match abandoned at half time due to unsafe playing surface

Apparently was queens players complaining about the pitch.
Last thing we could do with is going down to play this midweek.

Easier to complain when yer under the cosh. 67% United posession and 10 shots on their goal in the half.

16/12/2017 7:13 pm  #12

Correct decision imo. After it was called off we went on the streets of dumfries and i was fairly skiting aboot.

In all seriousness though. All weather pitches yer having a laugh. Got to move to summer fitba

16/12/2017 7:37 pm  #13

Fair enough B&T. I wasnae there and can't gauge but wonder about the difference between unplayable frozen, waterlogged, cut up, hard, slippy and too dry n' compact.

This is a new one for me. I will be intrested to see what both teams opinions are.

Don't trust those in charge and who make the call so still bemused on the whole thing.

16/12/2017 9:09 pm  #14

The game started without any concern about a call off, got to ht with no sign of players being disadvantaged or in danger of injury, and I could confidently say not a person watching had any doubt that the game would continue into the second half.

I went on to the playing surface after the game had been called off: it was fine. There was no 'film of frost' as referee Thomson was reported to have seen as quoted on the BBC football site. There is, in fact, no such thing as a 'film of frost.' Further, Thomson is quoted as saying "the pitch was in good condition but it started to get harder as the temperature dropped". The Met office data shows a minimal drop in temperature of 0.6 degrees between 3pm and 4pm. A human can't feel such a change. Craig Thompson may not be a human right enough.

A United player told 'a fan' that Thomson, the referee, had to get the game started and to half time to get his fee. Incredible as that sounds, it's almost the only explanation to me.

As for players complaining about the conditions, maybe Brownlie used that as an excuse for what should have been a red card assault on Stanton just before half time. And just because someone writes stuff on Twitter saying players on both sides wanted the game put off, doesn't make it all plausible.

Last edited by PatReilly (16/12/2017 9:11 pm)

16/12/2017 9:28 pm  #15

Farcical. Russians, Pols etc manage with minus 30 and a mix of artificial to grass.

Oor players seemed keen to play.

16/12/2017 9:51 pm  #16

PatReilly wrote:

The game started without any concern about a call off, got to ht with no sign of players being disadvantaged or in danger of injury, and I could confidently say not a person watching had any doubt that the game would continue into the second half.

I went on to the playing surface after the game had been called off: it was fine. There was no 'film of frost' as referee Thomson was reported to have seen as quoted on the BBC football site. There is, in fact, no such thing as a 'film of frost.' Further, Thomson is quoted as saying "the pitch was in good condition but it started to get harder as the temperature dropped". The Met office data shows a minimal drop in temperature of 0.6 degrees between 3pm and 4pm. A human can't feel such a change. Craig Thompson may not be a human right enough.

A United player told 'a fan' that Thomson, the referee, had to get the game started and to half time to get his fee. Incredible as that sounds, it's almost the only explanation to me.

As for players complaining about the conditions, maybe Brownlie used that as an excuse for what should have been a red card assault on Stanton just before half time. And just because someone writes stuff on Twitter saying players on both sides wanted the game put off, doesn't make it all plausible.

Bit harsh all that Pat imo.

Craig Thompson was on Radio Scotland saying players on both sides felt as the game went on the pitch was worsening and that they couldn't turn or move as freely as normal.

Correct decision imo. At the end of the day if a player had ended up doing his cruciates in or similiar then we would probably be asking why the game went ahead.

It is very unfortunate for the fans that made the long journey however and it is annoying that St.Mirren have been able to overtake us again.

16/12/2017 10:25 pm  #17

Tek, while respecting your opinion, the referee going on the radio saying what he claims players on both sides complained about doesn't sway me.

The pitch was perfectly playable.

16/12/2017 11:07 pm  #18

PatReilly wrote:

Tek, while respecting your opinion, the referee going on the radio saying what he claims players on both sides complained about doesn't sway me.

The pitch was perfectly playable.

So you think the referee should ignore the players concerns?

17/12/2017 12:10 am  #19

PatReilly wrote:

Pat that s the biggest load oh codswallop ive read on here. A player told a fan lol.

17/12/2017 9:03 am  #20

Tek wrote:

So you think the referee should ignore the players concerns?

Acht, referees quite often ignore players' concerns. But as I say, we've only got the refs word on that, it might or might not be true.

17/12/2017 9:07 am  #21

blackandtangerine wrote:

Pat that s the biggest load oh codswallop ive read on here. A player told a fan lol.

Surely not "the biggest load oh codswallop"  You must have read worse............

I never heard the player tell the fan, just the fan told me on the way out. Doesn't make it true, of course.

I know you were there, so we'll just have to agree to differ. But I'm hurt about that "codswallop" bit 

17/12/2017 9:24 am  #22

I'm still going on about it............

Make up your own mind. And that site which provides the weather date, Eskdalemuir, is on higher land than Dumfries, further from the water.

Last edited by PatReilly (17/12/2017 9:26 am)

17/12/2017 11:00 am  #23

positives- dominated the football that was played, midfield are starting to click, pie and a bovril for 3 quid.

negatives- Thompson and what was up with  Murdoch?

17/12/2017 1:41 pm  #24

PatReilly wrote:

blackandtangerine wrote:

Surely not "the biggest load oh codswallop"  You must have read worse............

I never heard the player tell the fan, just the fan told me on the way out. Doesn't make it true, of course.

I know you were there, so we'll just have to agree to differ. But I'm hurt about that "codswallop" bit 

I was quite impressed i could come out with that word after the amount of drink id consumed 😆

17/12/2017 5:01 pm  #25

shedboy wrote:

as much as thomson is a dick of the highest order not sure even he would that but you never know.  One of the lads i was talking to in boozer after was talking to Paul Mcmullan who along with many others came over - he said the players on both sides asked for it to be abandoned.  What is strange though if fine to start and players movement with minimal temperature drop it suddenly started freezing over - were QOTS players sweating deliberately on the surface in an attempt to abandon the game?  That needs investigate ;)

Sweats quite salty so should help defrost the pitch. 

Is that the worst post ever in tek history 🤣🤣

Board footera