Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/12/2017 2:50 am  #1

Ok, this is horrifying

Most know I'm Conservative, typically strong backer of police forces both UK/US but my fucking lord... I saw this in the morning and havent been able to shake it all day.  My heart absolutely fucking aches.  I wont embed the video, you should watch this only by choice:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/12/08/graphic-video-shows-daniel-shaver-sobbing-and-begging-officer-for-his-life-before-2016-shooting/?utm_term=.d69f5cb61d5c

That up to 6 officers were at this scene, one sergeant barking out the most incoherent orders you've ever seen, the shooter commanding the fella to obey or be shot.  It's the single worst police shooting video I've ever seen and quite possibly the most brutal video I've ever watched.

Frankly, im not making it out of that situation alive if I'm sober.  That's why this hits home, I've been drunk as this poor bastard before...

This may be a tipping point for many, certainly for me. Just destroyed for his family.  Cant shake it.

09/12/2017 12:30 pm  #2

Re: Ok, this is horrifying

RRDH, I'm quite left wing, but I don't think political rivalries enter the debate here.

I can see why the US police sometimes have itchy trigger fingers (although not in this case, as it appears that the poor man has been bullied until he broke, then shot by a police officer with a superiority complex): 65 US officers were killed by guns in 2016, therefore the police must be nervous when they attend many incidents. Is this because, potentially, the folk they might be facing also could have guns?

The argument might be about the right to bear arms in the states, although that won't be changing any time soon, or maybe any time at all. But the 'right' is an anachronism, from the days of the cowboys and indians: perhaps some form of adaptation of the gun laws are needed?

In concluding, I've been as drunk as that poor guy too, and if asked to do what he was, given my nature, it's likely I'd have been dead much earlier.

09/12/2017 10:18 pm  #3

Re: Ok, this is horrifying

I'm not sure what the answer is Pat, this certainly opened my eyes to though.

Just the tactics employed there, that it's an entire unit of officers barking the most insane ultimatums towards an unarmed drunk man... terrified out of his wits, crying, literally begging them not to shoot him. Telling them he's trying to follow the orders.  That's not how it's supposed to be fucking done, even here.  I honestly think if that happened in a war zone you'd have officers up on trial.

I don't know why it bothers me more than others I've seen. I just think if that were me or god forbid my boy (has autism)...  I just think I'm a dead man there.

It's doing the rounds on the internet but been on tv here at all. It's definitely given me pause.

Board footera