Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/6/2017 10:35 pm  #1

General Election 2017

Who you all voting for chaps?

SNP for me.

I hope Corbyn gets in at No.10 as i think he actually cares about people.

But i just can't bring myself myself to vote for Kezia,Jackie Baillie,Ian Murray and Co.

06/6/2017 11:59 pm  #2

Re: General Election 2017

SNP, no point voting labour in NE Fife even if I wanted to.  Bad enough having Willie Rennie as MSP, don't want another lib dem as MP too.  The SNP boy Gethins seems to be one of the good ones as well.

Would love Corbyn to be PM come Friday morning, but Scottish labour right now, no thanks.

07/6/2017 12:24 am  #3

Don't believe in nailing yer colours to any political mast but SNP is a no brainer for me in recent times.

07/6/2017 7:10 am  #4

SNP

07/6/2017 9:06 am  #5

I don't like the methods the SNP use to run the party, and our MP locally is not very effective, but I'll be voting SNP again. Partly because of the ineffective nature of the other parties, the SNP are easily the best option for Scotland.

I'm hoping for a hung parliament, where Labour has to come to the SNP and other non-Tory parties to form a coalition.

07/6/2017 7:10 pm  #6

Labour for me Stewart Hosie is the most unlikeable sniddie despicable prick I have ever had the misfortune to meet

08/6/2017 1:48 pm  #7

Here's a wee point about this election, and I wonder if it's the same all over Scotland: there is no real enthusiasm for participation. I've had nobody round the doors canvasing, see no posters up in folk's windows, no placards on the street lampposts, no rosettes on party members at the polling booths.

Yet the politicians of most parties have kept on about there being 'no appetite for IndyRef2'! The first referendum was a bonanza, a gala day, a real political event in 2014. 

There's been no appetite for GE2017, as far as I can observe.

08/6/2017 3:00 pm  #8

Pat I think the difference was that in 2014 every vote counted, whereas now there are so many safe seats that the outcome has never been in doubt( don't know where you bide Pat but it sounds like one of the aforementioned areas). Where there is a real contest such as Perthshire you cant move for canvasers  doorchappers and rosette wearers

Forgot to add to my previous post that Hosie also takes arrogance to a new level, one puss I would never tire of hitting .

08/6/2017 7:47 pm  #9

SNP - no that you have much choice in Dundee West - btw anyone know who the independent standing was, assuming it was some mentalist but as I didn't get anything through the door from him (that I noticed) it's hard to say

Last edited by scarpia (08/6/2017 7:47 pm)

08/6/2017 10:07 pm  #10

Hung parliament?  I'll laugh my tits off if that's the result.

08/6/2017 10:30 pm  #11

Beharder wrote:

Pat I think the difference was that in 2014 every vote counted, whereas now there are so many safe seats that the outcome has never been in doubt( don't know where you bide Pat but it sounds like one of the aforementioned areas). Where there is a real contest such as Perthshire you cant move for canvasers  doorchappers and rosette wearers

Forgot to add to my previous post that Hosie also takes arrogance to a new level, one puss I would never tire of hitting .

I think the percentage turnout will tell us how enthusiastic voters were.

Aye, a hung party will be a real hoot- maybe there'll have to be another election soon.

08/6/2017 11:00 pm  #12

SlatefordArab wrote:

I'd eat ma bunnet if it's right  - while laughing at the same time - which I'm guessing wouldn't be a comfy experience 😀

08/6/2017 11:08 pm  #13

Some of the cunts at parliament should be hung.

Come on Corbyn

09/6/2017 4:20 am  #14

Alex Salmond gone.  Fking brilliant.

09/6/2017 4:25 am  #15

Theresa May fking pathetic. Made a chunt of this.  Never a fking leader.  They'll still govern but they need to get her to fk and start acting like actual Conservatives.

Ruth Davidson a better fking leader than that squid.

Last edited by RRDH (09/6/2017 4:25 am)

09/6/2017 7:03 am  #16

scarpia wrote:

SlatefordArab wrote:

I'd eat ma bunnet if it's right  - while laughing at the same time - which I'm guessing wouldn't be a comfy experience 😀

Hmmm...will wait for the rain to go off first - anyone suggest a veg to go with bunnet 😁

09/6/2017 7:32 am  #17

Alex Salmond losing his seat illustrates the importance of serving your community rather than yourself. He enjoyed celebrity status too much.
Imagine the DUP holding power over us all in a coalition with the Tories!

It illustrates how daft Westminster control is (to me) while it may actually be advantageous for those Scots who wanted to remain in the EU.

09/6/2017 9:31 am  #18

GIRFUY May and the rest of your cunty Tory mates.

09/6/2017 12:36 pm  #19

Theresa Mayhem.

09/6/2017 1:59 pm  #20

Wonderful - government by the Tory party and the political wing of the Huns - cannae wait   

09/6/2017 2:16 pm  #21

Scottish Labour encourage people to vote Tory in seats where Labour could not win.  SNP lose a number of seats as a result of this tactical voting.  If the SNP still had those seats, Corbyn would be sitting in No. 10 right now.

Good old Scottish Labour.

09/6/2017 3:10 pm  #22

SlatefordArab wrote:

Scottish Labour encourage people to vote Tory in seats where Labour could not win.  SNP lose a number of seats as a result of this tactical voting.  If the SNP still had those seats, Corbyn would be sitting in No. 10 right now.

I think the SNP lost 21 seats due to two reasons

1 The majority of Scottish voters do not want indyref2
2 10 yrs of utter incompetent government is catching up with them.

There is no evidence to back up that claim. The Labour vote increased in many seats where they had no chance of victory.

09/6/2017 3:49 pm  #23

Beharder wrote:

SlatefordArab wrote:

I think the SNP lost 21 seats due to two reasons

1 The majority of Scottish voters do not want indyref2
2 10 yrs of utter incompetent government is catching up with them.

There is no evidence to back up that claim. The Labour vote increased in many seats where they had no chance of victory.

Utter incompetence?  I'm not a nationalist by any means, I view the SNP as a means to an end, however they have delivered more for Scotland in the last 10 years than Scottish Labour ever have or ever will.

Scottish Labour are the definition of the word incompetence. 

09/6/2017 4:08 pm  #24

Beharder, it was a slightly better turnout than I expected.

I think the SNP lost 21 seats because they got a freakish 56 last time. Mind they only had 6 a mere seven years ago, now they have 35.

Now we have the freakish DUP holding a disproportionate amount of power- will the media slate this?

We know what would have been in the papers if Sturgeon was supporting a minority Labour government.

09/6/2017 5:52 pm  #25

Hearing from someone working at the count last night there's likely to be an appeal against the NE Fife result.

Board footera